Prioritizing connection creates strong communities, raving fans, loyal employees, and impact at scale.
Not only that, connection actually catalyzes content.
In this highly experiential two-day intensive training, you will learn how to design experiences that maximize the impact for attendees, so that participants walk away feeling transformed, inspired, and part of a community.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Scale intimacy, making a group of 300 feel like a gathering of 30
- Turn abstract concepts into direct experiences that engage participants
- Translate in-person programs into online experiences
- Design a debrief process that makes the learning actionable and immediately relevant
- Design curriculum that takes participants on a transformative journey
- Balance having a plan with being spontaneous and improvising in the moment
- Use playful exercises to get a group to gel and drop in quickly
- Create programs based on the experiential learning model that are engaging, interactive and fun!
YOU WILL LEAVE WITH:
- A comprehensive workbook with experience design frameworks, principles and tools.
- At least 10 exercises, activities and games that you can use to create connection and collaborative learning at your events.
- An interdisciplinary community of experience designers to collaborate with for years to come.
- An outline of your event with the major elements already designed.
- The Dramatic Arc Event Template, which you can use to streamline the planning process for every event you ever create.
THIS VIRTUAL COURSE INCLUDES:
- Live training from 12pm-6pm EDT each day (with plenty of breaks), including partner shares, peer coaching, brainstorming and feedback, Q+A sessions and all kinds of interactive goodies to keep you engaged.
- Virtual games and icebreakers you can use immediately in your own video calls to create connection and community.
- A live interactive 1.5 hour training call one week before the main course, that will cover all the major frameworks and principles of this approach to experience design. These frameworks are universal and apply to both in-person and virtual programs. If you cannot attend the call live, it will be recorded for you to watch at your convenience.
- Suggested homework between the training call and the weekend course to help you get the most out of our time together.
- Pre-reading to help you get familiar with the material, including worksheets for you to fill out during the weekend.
- A pre-training survey to help me understand what kinds of projects you are working on and problems you are facing, so that I can customize the training to this specific group.